Historically Underutilized Business Zone Program
A Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) is an economically distressed area as determined by the Small Business Administration (SBA), based on income and unemployment data. Nationally, HUBZone areas include:
- 7,000 urban census tracts
- 900 rural counties
- Lands within the boundaries of an Indian Reservation
To be eligible for the HUBZone program, a small business must be:
- A small business based on the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) size standards; and
- Located in a HUBZone; and
- Wholly owned and controlled by U.S. citizens; and
- At least 35 percent of its employees must reside in a HUBZone.
Determinations of eligibility for the federal HUBZone program are made by the SBA.
Locate a Small Business Specialist
Use the Air Force Office of Small Business Programs Locator to find the right Small Business Specialist for your opportunity.Click to Start Search
Search the acquisition forecast database to identify upcoming procurements from the U.S. Air Force.Click to Start Search